The church bells were blessed at the dedication of Sacred Heart Church, September 2, 1929
Under the leadership of Father Tirocchi, the Italian community realized a cherished desire. They had a church of their own; a church in which they would assemble to pray in accordance with their customs and traditions. There was a hall in which they could get together for their activities. And there was a special joy in hearing hte Italian language in the homilies of the Mass.